Version 3 System Administrator is only compatible with version 3 system software.
- You can, however, import a version 2 database into the version 3 System Administrator.
- Installing version 3 System Administrator will not affect any prior version 2 installations. It will install as a separate application.
- If you have any prior version 3 System Administrator installed, use Control Panel -> Programs and Features (Add or Remove Programs) to uninstall it prior to installing this new version.
- Review the minimum PC Requirements:
- Operating System: 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP Pro, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
- Video resolution: 1024x768 or higher
- Processor speed: 1 GHz or higher
- RAM: 256 MBytes or greater
For an overview of the DSX System Administrator, click here.
The System Administrator installation file is for all 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. Separate 32-bit and 64-bit installers are no longer required.
The System Administrator installer does not install the drivers for USB connectivity. There are separate 32-bit and 64-bit USB Driver installers if you require USB connections.
- The DSX USB connection is not compatible with Windows 10. This applies to all 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10.
- The 64-bit USB Driver does not work with 64-bit Windows 8.1. USB connectivity with DSX is not available for this versions of Windows.
- If you have a previous System Administrator version installed, you should not need to install the separate USB driver.
Version 3 IntraMail features will not be available until you upgrade the voice prompts on your IntraMail CompactFlash. To upgrade the prompts:
- Using the latest Version 3 System Administrator available, connect to the system.
- Click Online: IntraMail: Update.
- Select the prompt file that you want to use for the update (normally English_2.1.imp).
- Click Open.
- The prompt file will immediately start uploading to the compact flash
- When the update completes, click Finish.
Each prompt file takes about 10 minutes to upload and uses about 5MB of space on the IntraMail CompactFlash.
- The action buttons on the On Line: System Directory screen are disabled during the connect state. This includes Edit, Delete, New, Show List, and Folder. In prior releases, only the Delete button was disabled during connect.
- In prior releases, System: Speed Dial: Import could not import any phone numbers larger than 2147483647. This is corrected in version 3.38.
- The Stations: Config: Setup: Type: Open Code and Close Code fields are working correctly in version 3.38. In prior releases, data from the Close Code field was inadvertently written into the Open Code field.
- The programming options for the E911 feature have been added in version 3.38. These options include:
- System: Class of Service: Features (1401): E911 Alerts
- System: Options: Setup: E911 (1561): E911 Dialing and E911 Alerting
- System: Timers: Features: Outgoing (1602): Ring Down Delay
- System: Timers: Features: Station (1604): E911 Alarm
- Lines: Groups: Group 99 (E911)