DSX IP Keyset Firmware 18.104.22.168 is required along with DSX System Software Version 3.2 for the NAT Traversal with Any Router feature. Here are a few important things to keep in mind when updating to this firmware.
- If you are updating from a firmware version prior to 22.214.171.124, you must change the IP Address in 3: Maintenance -> 1: Download Menu -> 2: Download Address
from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52.
- Once you have updated the Download Address, load the new firmware normally. For additional information on updating the DSX IP Keyset firmware, click here.
- When the IP Keyset has been successfully updated to 184.108.40.206, go to
3: Maintenance -> 3: Data Clear -> 1: Factory Settings
and reset the keyset to its factory defaults. This is important for two reasons:
- It sets the url ftp.necii.com as the new default Download Address.
- It sets the new option
2: SIP Settings -> 5: NAT Traversal -> 1: NAT Traversal Mode
to Auto. This is the default setting and it is required for NAT Traversal with ANY Router to work.
After updating the firmware and resetting to factory defaults, you only need to change the following options from default as required:
- 2: SIP Settings -> 1: SIP User -> 1: User ID, 2: Password, 3: Extension Number
- 2: SIP Settings -> 2: SIP Server -> 1: Server Address
Also, if you set 1: Network Settings -> DHCP Mode to disabled you'll need to enter data for 1: Network Settings
-> 2: IP Address, 3: Default Gateway -> 4: Subnet Mask
Remember, on the phone system router, you must forward UDP ports 5060 (SIP) and 1024-1215 (RTP) to the DSX system IP address.