The Cordless DECT Telephone (P/N 730095) is the next generation mobility solution for the busy office. This new cordless telephone for DSX uses advanced DECT wireless technology for improved clarity and range. The Cordless DECT Telephone offer the same extensive DSX feature integration as its sibling DSX Cordless Lite II, such as Call Forwarding, Call Coverage, Hotline, and Voice Mail. Additionally, the new Cordless DECT has 4 more fully programmable function keys with LEDs (8 total!) for even greater mobile operability in a compact handset.
The enhanced LCD display has a full 24-character 2 line display with a 3rd line for unique call status icons. All the display guidance provided to DSX keyset users is now available on their Cordless DECT. This new mobility solution comes complete with a base unit that connects directly to a digital station port.
Additional features include:
- Robust 16-hour talk time with 7-day standby using the provided Nickel Metal Hydride battery (2.4V-910 mAh).
- AC Adaptor.
- Handset charging cradle with a slot to charge a spare battery.
For additional information, see the Cordless DECT Owner's Manual.
To take advantage of all 8 function keys and the full LCD display, use system software version 2.18 or higher.
Range and Coverage
The cordless DECT uses DECT 6.0 technology for extended range, improved voice quality, and increased immunity from interference. Keep the following guidelines in mind:
- The practical range from handset to base station is about 50m (165'). This can be affected by the office environment.
- You should be able to install 8-16 Cordless DECT units within range of each other. This could, however, be limited by high call volume.
- For a technical presentation of DECT, made available by the DECT Forum, click here.