To upgrade system software from a CompactFlash card:
- (Optional) Back up the site programming.
- Power down the system and remove the IntraMail CompactFlash card (if installed).
- Power up the system and wait for it to restart.
- Insert the CompactFlash card containing the system software into the CPU.
- Press and hold the Reset Switch on the CPU.
- When all the LEDs on the CPU light and then go out (about 3 seconds), release the Reset Switch.
- The new system software begins automatically loading.
- On DSX-80/160:
- The bottom two CPU LEDs start to flash.
- After the system software update completes (about 8 minutes), the T1/PRI PCB may automatically
load updated firmware (which takes an additional 6 minutes). The LEDs on the T1/PRI PCB alternately
flash during the firmware upload.
- On DSX-40:
- The LED on the cabinet alternates from flashing green to solid blue as the software
- The system restarts after the load completes with
all the initial site programming intact.
- Once the system restarts:
- Power down the system and remove the software upgrade CompactFlash card.
- Insert the IntraMail CompactFlash card and power up the system.
- If loading Version 3 software into a brand new system, always initialize after the update to insure the new system starts up with the Version 3 numbering plan.
- If loading Version 3 software into an existing Version 2 system, do not initialize after the update. If you do, you will lose the existing programming and numbering plan.
See Important Notes When Installing Version 3 for more.